Thursday, September 22, 2011

  Buying a new mattress is a uniquely...

   Buying a new mattress is a uniquely challenging and individualistic task.  I  have just purchased the Beautyrest NXG 100F mattress and am exceptionally pleased with my purchase.  In 49 years I have NEVER had a better night sleep and after sleeping on it for 2 weeks, my back has never felt more perfect!  



     First a little background information, I have slept on a Beautyrest medium firm mattress for the past 20 years.  I had always found it to be comfortable, but being a light sleeper would usually wake up once in the middle of the night.  The Beautyrest coil system always made sense to me as the individual coils could support each section of my body separately.   



     Three years ago I decided to try the Tempurpedic hoping to achieve the deep restful sleep I so longed for.  I had always found laying on the Tempupedic in the stores to be a very comfortable experience.  As I found out, sleeping through the whole night on it was a different experience.   You end up sinking into a weight dependant cavity in the mattress.  When I needed to turn over, I had to physically extricate myself  out of the hole, which in turn woke me up out of my slumber. The feel of the Tempurpedic mattress is temperature dependent.  If it is hot, the mattress feels very soft.  If it is cold, the mattress feels harder.  I gave the mattress 45 days and then returned it  for a full refund.   Perhaps I needed a firm mattress.   I was storing my brothers extremely firm mattress and decided to give that one a try.   This was just as uncomfortable for me as it was just way too hard and I felt many pressure points in my body.   So my conclusion was that I needed a mattress that was firm but with some slight cushioning.  Too soft and too hard were not good for me.



     About 5 months ago I decided to flip and rotate my trusty 20 year old Beautyrest.   Several weeks later my back was extremely sore and I started having difficulty walking.   This went on for months.  I started contemplating massage therapy and purchasing an inversion table.  It dawned on me 3 months later that all my back issues started when I had flipped my mattress .   Come to think of it, it was feeling a bit more lumpy than it used too.  The decision was made that it was time to go shopping for a new mattress.



     This was a daunting task indeed.  So many choices; firm, soft plush, super plush, latex, memory foam, individual coils,traditional coils, etc.  Going into Mattress Discounters I happened upon the latest Beautyrest innovation.   The Beautyrest NXG  which stands for next generation memory foam.   It addressed all my old issues with memory foam while still giving my the nice support of individual coils( a hybrid of both worlds)dr.  The new memory foam rebounds instantly so there is no sink hole.  It does not sleep HOT, and does not change consistency with temperature.   Good bye brick hard or mushy feeling  mattress due to  room temperature.  After lying in this bed for several hours in the store, over several visits,wearing  shorts and a T shirt,  I was fairly sure that I had found my match.  I was vacillating between the 100F and the 250 F.  The 250F  had more foam on top and gave a more cushy feel.  Due to my concern about too soft a mattress contributing to  back issues ,I decided to go with the firmer feel.  This turned out to be the right decision!



     After 2 weeks of sleeping on the NXG 100F my back was 100 hundred percent perfect!  I am absolutely amazed at how ALL the pain is gone.  I fall asleep faster, and  am sleeping throughout the night 95 percent of the time.  I wake  up more refreshed  and happier than I have in 20 years.  The mattress is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I truly look forward to going to sleep in my new mattress every single night.   I wrote this to let the world know about this incredible innovation and how ecstatic I have been about my purchase.   Thank you Beautyrest!  Dr. J, Newton, MA













P.S.  You have my permission to use this letter as an endorsement.


















No comments:

Post a Comment